--°C
Energy and Extractives

BOSTenergies Engages Tanker Drivers, Three-Day Strike Suspended Over Kumasi Depot Concerns

BOSTenergies averts a major fuel supply disruption in Kumasi after engaging the tanker drivers union over loading arm repairs and expanded parking capacity.

Prince Agyapong
|
Monday, 17 August 2026
Share:
BOSTenergies Engages Tanker Drivers, Three-Day Strike Suspended Over Kumasi Depot Concerns

BOSTenergies has reached an understanding with fuel tanker drivers over concerns at its Kumasi Depot, leading the drivers to suspend plans for a three day strike.

The company said the concerns, mainly involving a damaged loading arm and inadequate parking space at the Kumasi Bulk Road Vehicle (BRV) Park, were already being addressed before the planned industrial action.

Loading arm replacement underway

According to BOSTenergies, a contractor has already been engaged to replace the damaged loading arm at the depot.

The company said the work is intended to restore the loading facility to the required operational, reliability and safety standards.

Despite the problem, BOSTenergies said the Kumasi Depot remains operational and continues to meet market demand using its existing loading arms.

“The concerns, which led to the intention by some tanker drivers to embark on a three day strike, were already known to management and were actively being addressed prior to the intended strike,” the company said.

The clarification comes amid concerns from tanker drivers about conditions affecting their operations at one of the key petroleum product distribution points in the country.

New 200 truck parking facility planned

Parking capacity is another issue at the depot.

BOSTenergies acknowledged that the existing BRV Park does not have sufficient space to accommodate the growing number of tanker trucks serving the facility.

The company said it had previously acquired land for a new parking facility with a planned capacity of 200 trucks. A contract has now been awarded for its construction.

The expansion is expected to ease congestion and improve the movement of tankers around the Kumasi Depot.

In the meantime, BOSTenergies said it is leasing a third party facility to provide additional parking for BRVs until the new facility is completed.

Drivers suspend strike after engagement

The company said it has held discussions with representatives of the tanker drivers’ union and provided assurances on the measures being implemented.

Following the engagement, the drivers agreed to suspend their proposed three day strike and continue discussions with BOSTenergies while the outstanding issues are resolved.

BOSTenergies said it recognises the role tanker drivers play in distributing petroleum products across Ghana and will maintain dialogue with them, the National Petroleum Authority and other stakeholders.

The company said its focus remains on resolving the Kumasi Depot concerns “in a sustainable and responsible manner.”

READ ALSO: Meta Faces $1 Trillion Social Media Youth Harm Lawsuit as 30 States Head to Jury Trial

#BOSTenergies#Kumasi Depot#tanker drivers#petroleum distribution#Ghana petroleum sector#NPA

Comments

0/2000

Loading comments...

More in Energy and Extractives